Causes of fire caused by silicone cable
Release date: 2019-12-09 Views: 85
Mainly due to overload, short circuit, excessive contact resistance, and external heat sources. Under the fault conditions such as short circuit, local overheating, and external heat, the insulation resistance of the insulating material decreases, loses the insulation ability, and even burns, which then causes a fire.
的主要特性有： The main characteristics of silicone wire in fire are:
(1) The fire temperature is generally between 800 ° C and 1000 ° C. In the case of a fire, the silicone wire of the wire will quickly lose its insulation capacity, which will cause secondary electrical accidents such as short circuits and cause greater losses;
(2) The silicone rubber wire has a large overload capacity under the specified allowable current carrying capacity;
(3) In a short-circuit state, the silicone wire of the wire will instantly cause the insulation material to melt and burn, and ignite the surrounding combustibles.
Fire resistance analysis of silicone wire
(1) Under the heat of the combustion reaction, the flame retardant of the silicone wire in the condensed phase decomposes and absorbs heat, which slows down the temperature rise in the condensed phase and delays the thermal decomposition rate of the material;
(2) After the flame retardant is thermally decomposed, it releases a chain reaction free-radical blocker, which interrupts the branches of the flame and chain reactions and slows down the gas phase reaction rate;
(3) Catalytic condensation phase thermally decomposes solid phase products, and the formation of coking layer or foam layer strengthens the role of these layered hard shells in hindering heat transfer;
(4) Under the action of heat, the flame retardant undergoes an endothermic phase change, which physically prevents the temperature in the condensed phase from increasing.